My daughter is doing such a great job of blogging that I feel like I need to get busy so I am not an epic failure. It is hard for me to believe that she has been gone for a month already. It is very exciting that she selected textiles for one of her course subjects. Maybe she will become a quilter some day after all!
I worked a little last weekend on borders (that was one of my goals for this month). I have 2 borders attached to my log cabin quilt. I am still deciding on a final border. I am leaning toward the top border which is navy with a tan star design. I also like the brown on the top right. I love this log cabin setting with the stars. I think it was worth the effort to finish the stars in the border (even thought it seemed like it took forever). This quilt is on my UFO list, so I am happy to have the first 2 borders on it. At one brief moment I thought about a pieced border. I decided there was enough going on in this quilt without adding a pieced border.
I have been hoarding my Denyse Schmidt fabrics from Joann's for several years. I have made a few things with them, but I still have quite a collection. I decided I would cut 10" off each print so that it would be easier to actually use them in a project. Now I am on the hunt for the perfect projects. When I last counted, I had over 90 prints. My sister inquired as to what more than 90 DS fabrics looked like. Here they all are stacked up.
They look a lot more impressive when they are all spread out!!! I divided them into 2 piles - Warm and Cool (a trick Ellen taught me long ago). I think they look pretty amazing like this. I have far more cool than warm. I have used this trick to balance the color when arranging blocks.
If anyone has the dots in the lower left in the orange color, I am sure we can work out a trade.