Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Who would have thought...



I would have never thought to turn the quilt 90 degrees. Today I learned that a King size bed is wider than it is long. I am still feeling the amazement of this. I have decided to put another border on this quilt to make it go to the bottom of my pillowtop mattress. The plan (not that this quilt has ever had a good plan) is to repeat the white/color/white border and then add some more 4 patches. I only need 6 more inches on each side to reach the bottom of the mattress. I don't want the white on the edge because it will show the dirt in no time flat. I'm sorry the sun was shining in the window and I didn't get a great picture.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

keep in mind that it will shrink when it is quilted... and again when it is washed... that may mean ANOTHER border. Not my fav. part of quilting.