Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Baby Quilt

My friend Eleanor (and resident binder) asked if our little group of quilters would be interested in making small baby quilts to help out a charity that she donates to.  How could I turn her down?  She happened to hit me at a great time.  I was in the process of clearing off a table a scraps.  I had a pile of white fabric with bright dots (no surprise there since I am know to have a dot fetish).  It turned out to be just enough.  I have one 10" strip left.  I based my design on the strip o'hoy pattern from G.E. Designs.  The white was left over from a string quilt and the pieces were already 2" wide and assorted lengths.  I pulled out my graph paper and calculated the measurements.  This little quilt used one hundred four 2" squares, but that didn't put much in my container.  I should have made it a little larger, but I didn't have enough white.  It finishes at 29" square.

Have you ever had something hanging on your design wall that just sort of become part of the wall?  You know, the type of thing you pin over to the side out of the way, and before long you don't even notice it's there.   Well the 9 patches in this next charity quilt were probably hanging there for 5 years.  I just happened to see them out of the corner of my eye and decided they needed to find a new home.  I am sure when I made them I had a vision, but that is long gone, and the blocks will be shortly too.  Come back tomorrow to see another finish.

1 comment:

Amy said...

So cute with the white dots!