I had hoped for a little more progress in my studio this weekend, but I decided I better get painting in the boys room. They selected a great taupe color for the main walls. Nothing can be that simple, so they want stripes. I love the background color so much that I bought extra so I can do some painting at the cabin.
On my goal list for February was to play with blue scraps. Deb keeps teasing me by showing her blue and brown quilt. I decided I would play with my blue scraps and make a similar quilt. I am adding a little green to my color scheme. I am glad I made a sample block because my math brain was not turned on correctly when I cut out the first block. Most of my blue scraps were either 2 1/4" or 2", so I wanted to use 2" bricks. I was able to re-figure the block and make it correctly the second time around. The incorrect block (the one on the top) will be a perfect addition to the quilt backing so it won't go to waste. I am wondering how many blue scrap projects I will need to do before the drawer shuts without a lot of force.
I have quite a ways to go on my February goals, so I need to get busy. I need to get my projects organized for my retreat this weekend so I can utilize my sewing time. Ahhh therapy!
Stop over at Patchwork Times to see what others are working on this week.