Judy reminded me yesterday that she needed a little inspiration on my blog. I haven't posted because I haven't really done much sewing lately (besides at the retreat). I had hoped to make a little more progress on my projects this month. I was 2 out of 5 for my goals this month. I am going to focus on the positives
I finished one quilt from the UFO parade. I managed to get it quilted. I have no idea what that shadow in the middle of the quilt is, but trust me I do not have a big stain on the quilt.
I did play with the blue scraps. I also added a little brown and green. This quilt will be 5 blocks long. I am about 1/3 the way done with the blocks. I have lots of pieces ready to put together.
I am moving my other 3 goals that I did not complete to March.
- Quilt 2 customer quilts (they are ready to go!)
- Bind my projects from January- binding is picked and ready to be made.
- Work on the t-shirt quilt
- Finish the blocks for the blue quilt
- Continue to work on my scrap-cut-a-thon. I have 6 of the bakery trays lined with scraps. Instead of using these trays for projects, they have been filled with scraps. It's time to cut them up and get them ready to sew.
It's hard to believe, but I have made a lot of progress in cutting my scraps this month. In the process, I think I have cutting stations in almost every room of the house. I don't think my family (mostly my husband) is a huge fan of my big messes. Feel free to grab a scrap bag and cut along with me.
I have learned one thing about my scrap storage system. I don't mix brights with other colors (country or reproduction) in projects. I now have a bin for brights. It is easier to merge these brights with the more muted colors if I need to than to sort them out. I generally don't make a bright quilt with only one color, so I am going to let all my brights live happily together.
I am not cutting for a specific project, however, I have another pixelated project planned and also kitting together greens and neutrals for a Carolina Chain. I love this quilt set on point. It is a great scrap quilt as it takes 6" (3X 2" squares) or 11" (2X 2" square and a 2X3 1/2") of fabric. Since I just finished my log cabin quilt with 2" strips, and my blue/brown/green quilt is with 2" strips...I have plenty of leftover pieces.