Sunday, February 3, 2013

Friendship Block

This block is block #40 according to the FW book. This block doesn't have many pieces, so cut them carefully so everything will go together well.

Light:

  • 4 - 2" X 2"
  • 2- 1 1/4" X 3 3/8"
  • 2- 1 1/4" X 4 3/4"
Dark:
  • 1- 3 3/8" X 3 3/8"
  • 8- 1 1/2" finished triangles (2" strip - Use Easy Angle)
 Sew the 2 light rectangles to opposite sides the large square.  Press toward the rectangles, then repeat with the remaining 2 rectangles.

Sew the dark triangles to small squares.  I like to press the first triangle toward the square, and the second triangle away from the square.  Square up if necessary (should be the same size as a 3" finished half square)

Mark the center of each side of the square unit.  Sew the triangle units to the square unit lining up the centers. Sew the opposite sides first.  Press the first 2 toward the square, and the second 2 toward the triangle units.  I like to place the triangle units on top when I sew so I can make sure I don't clip off my corners (sew through the "x")

Finished block measures 6 1/2"




No comments: