Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Working on the March Goals

I finished a customer quilt.  The customer requested a simple meandering.  I had a hard time choosing thread color, but in the end I went with a variegated red (dark to light red).  It turned out really nice.  The customer supplied the batting - Thermore® Ultra Thin Polyester by Hobbs.  It was a thin polyester, but it felt really stiff.  Have you ever used this, and what did you think of it?

 I used red thread in the bobbin also.  I generally match the backing, but the customer wanted the red.  I liked how it looked with the contrast.  I may need to do it again.

I quilted my first quilt for my March goals.  I started this quilt a few years ago for my oldest daughter.  I backed it with flannel and used Thinsulate batting (my family favorite).  I used a variegated thread on the top and quilted it with the popcorn pattern.  

 I used the 6 1/2" tumbler from Accuquilt to cut out the pieces.  I like the look of the tumblers on the diagonal.

2 more days until the retreat where the serious sewing will occur.  I still haven't decided what I am working on, but I am pulling from the UFO piles.


Regina said...

love the popcorn panto - one of my favorites

Darling Jill Quilts said...

LOVE IT!!! I really adore that popcorn panto, but I have to reduce the size that I have so I can quilt it on my frame. :) Love those monkeys and the tumblers. :)