Friday, September 28, 2012

A little bit of progress

I do so much better with a deadline.  Sunday is a "Sewcial" day at the library, so I needed to get my squares sewn together.  It will be easier to cut out the twister blocks at the library where there is lots of room  (and no clutter).  I went from this - rows sewn in pairs


To this!!

I used a lot of leftovers on this one.  The first border is a grey marble that I picked up at a garage sale.  I can't wait to see what I can use up on the back.  I will be using the large twister template on this quilt on Sunday.  I sewed 90 squares (9x10) and used 6" for the border.  The border is just wide enough.  Next up is sorting "leftovers" to make some twister runners.

No comments: