Monday, September 17, 2012

Library Retreat

I didn't get a chance to post last week for design wall Monday because my Internet is down.  At my house, that is sort of like breaking a leg.  I haven't done any sewing since then, so I thought I would just post last week's progress.

I feel so fortunate that we are able to use our library as a retreat center.    We have our very own closet where we keep all our supplies for the group.  It is very spacious plenty of lights and outlets, and we each have our own table.  The only thing we have to bring is fabric and a machine and we are ready to retreat.  I was very focused at the retreat (which is so unlike me).  I was able to get all the blocks made and sewn together.  I didn't bring enough of the white (but thankfully I still have some), so I couldn't finish the outside sashing.  Perhaps this week I will get those pieces added.


Eleanor worked on trimming all her blocks to the same size from a Bonnie Hunter workshop that we did a while back.

 Tina worked on sewing her curtains.
















Tammy worked on making a bag for her daughter-in-law.
Ellen worked on making some pillows and an art quilt.



Unfortunately I didn't get my camera out until the end, so I  missed photos of the rest of the projects (sorry!).  I am so bad about remembering to take pictures once I get sewing.  I hope to get working on some more Farmer's Wife blocks this week.  Angie completed hers at the retreat and she did an amazing job on the blocks.



I am still looking for information on my new toy.  Check it out and let me know if you have any information about it.

Stop back over to Judy's to see what other are working on this week.   


3 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Library as a retreat center? Love the idea. Great work everyone! Love your bright one the most!

glen

AnnieO said...

Very nice place to have a retreat! Looks like everyone was working on something they loved.

Carol said...

I love the bright colors in your quilt. How lucky you are to have your very own retreat center. It's so much fun to stitch with friends!