Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A little more sewing

I was running back and forth from the retreat on Sunday going to ball games, so I never turned my machine on.  I did manage to cut up some fabric that was gifted to me along with some matching colors from my stash.  I wanted to make a few baby quilts with it.



I started with a jelly roll race quilt.  Both my girls gave it the thumbs down.  I agreed that the squares didn't occur spaced evenly, but I still like it.  I love the color selection.
















This is made from Lola's Coin Quilt.  It goes together very quickly also.  It is basically the same colors minus the black.  It has a much softer feel.

To complete this, I just need to add borders.
What do you think of these selections?  I think I am leaning toward the charcoal border with the large flowers.    I like the one on the left also.  The dilemma is....if I use this one, it will be gone.  I know you feel the same way!!  Those special pieces of fabric that you don't want to give up.  Which one do you like? 


No comments: