Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Nearly Finished

I have been working on my FW blocks, but it is really hard for me to get photos.  I will keep trying.

I have also been trying to finish the twister runners that I put together at the Shipshe retreat.

Among my scraps were the leftovers from this quilt.  I saw a pattern from a library book that I thought would work with what I had left.  The solid fabric is scraps from my curtains.  I thought it was cotton, but I think it was more of a twill.  It had a lot of stretch.  I found the perfect border fabric so the runner was started.  And the backing was made with the scraps of the runner (the less than 2 1/2" X 6 1/2")

I managed to get it quilted while the kids were napping, and I started searching for the perfect binding.  I found a 10" piece of the same binding as the other quilt.  I need 9", so I can make it work.  Time to be super careful cutting so I don't have any accidents.

 Here they all are- ready to bind.  I am undecided on what color to bind some of the twisters with.  I am hopeful when the sun comes up tomorrow I will be able to pick the bindings.

No comments: