Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Sidetracked?

I didn't intend to stay away so long.  The retreat was incredibly fun and I made some new friends.  It is hard to believe that was almost a month ago.  I am going to work really hard at getting caught up on the Farmer's Wife in the next week.  I don't want you to think I abandoned you!!

Let's start with and easy one - # 68 postage stamp

This one is so easy, you probably don't need instructions.  Traditionally postage stamps are all different fabrics, but you can do your however you like
Cutting:

36 - 1 1/2" squares.  

Arrange the 36 squares  in a 6 X 6 grid.

Sew the squares together in pairs, and then join in 4 patches.  Some like to put these together in rows, but I prefer 4 patches.  I always press odd number rows to the right and even to the left.

Checks the size of the 4 patches - Should measure 2 1/2" at this point.  It is better to check it here so you don't have a surprise at the end.



Now that you have 9 - four patch units, join the 4 patches in rows and then sew the rows together. 



Little pieces, simple construction.  



No comments: