Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Graduation Quilt



This is my youngest daughter Delaney all dolled up for 6th grade graduation.  Dressing up is not normally her thing, so I enjoyed taking the opportunity to snap some photos of her.

It was fun to watch both the girls working together.  They both seemed to be excited about the process. 



Delaney wanted a picture of herself with her teacher before the gift was given.  

I don't think I have ever seen this teacher without her infectious smile.  













Delaney predicted that her teacher would be releasing lots of tears during the graduation, but she was wrong.  She was able to keep herself together until she opened Delaney's gift.

My quilt was well received.  It was not perceived as John Deere or BP.  Her first thoughts were school colors.  It brought her to tears.  She loved and appreciated her gift greatly.

1 comment:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Lovely pictures! Delaney sure looks like you! :)