I hardly touched any of the items on my list for April. The limited time I had in the studio was spent finishing 2 baby quilts. I knew when I started my focus on UFOs that there would be months where I didn't accomplish much. I did accomplish a lot (a high school play, softball, baseball, and 3 dance competitions), it just wasn't in the sewing studio.
April Goals (from the UFO list):
- Finish Quilting my twister quilt -
- Quilt my twister wall hanging (I managed to get the borders on last month)
- Put borders on the second Monkey quilt
- Put the borders on the town square quilt - I finished this item
- Quilt and bind the pink/yellow floral quilt.
April New projects:
- Quilt the baby quilt I pieced last night - Finished and gifted already.
- quilt my green/yellow scrappy swoon
Accomplishments for April:
- Started and finished this nautical baby quilt
- Started and finished this pink baby quilt
- Put the borders on my town square quilt
Reporting for April - No finishes from the UFO list. I have some projects that are close to being finished, so hopefully I can finish these up in May. Since I finished everything I started this month, my UFO number didn't grow.
I am very pleased with how the border on my town square quilt looks. I tried numerous fabrics from my stash for the border and nothing pleased me. I looked at several quilt stores and I didn't see any fabric that was perfect for the border either. This led me to plan "B" - USING MORE SCRAPS!
I cut the rectangles 4 1/2" X whatever I felt like. It seemed logical to use scraps since every fabric in this quilt (with the exception of the sashing and the pink border) were from the scrap bin.
I will put this quilt on the May list to be finished.
I will ponder through my pile of UFOs and decipher what I want to work on this month.