Monday, May 6, 2013

Weekend Progress

In between games, I managed to get a customer quilt done.  I dusted off my rulers and put them to use.  This is the first time I have done ruler work in a very long time.  I was pleasantly surprised that I had improved.

This quilt was started by Angie last year at Shipse.  Angie was fairly new to quilting, and she didn't realize that diamonds were sort of tricky to line up.   She asked everyone about the pattern, and we all agreed it was really pretty.  Half way into the project...she wonders why no one told her it wasn't a beginner project.  She did a fabulous job of putting it together.  I don't know if I could have lined up the diamonds as well as she did.  Everything was nice and flat and I had no issues

The pattern is from this book.  I hope she likes it.


The fabric on the back was a tone on tone, so the quilting really stands out.  I used Thinsulate batting which lets the quilting show.





2 comments:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

It's beautiful Teri! Both your quilting and the quilt - amazing for her as a beginner.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

It looks fantastic! Way to go!