Sunday, August 5, 2012

Streak of Lightning - #92

This block was fun and quick to make.  I think you will enjoy this one.  I cut all my pieces from a 2 1/2" strip.

Cutting:
 Light & Dark:
  • 2 1/2" x 10" strip
  • 3- 1 1/2" squares
Dark:
2- 1 1/2" x 2 1/2"
Light:
1- 1 1/2" x 2 1/2"

Sewing:

Sew the 2 1/2" x 10" strips together.  Press toward the dark Make sure they measure 4 1/2".  Square up the end and cut them into six 1 1/2" segments.







Sew the opposite color square to each end of (3) of the segments

Sew the (2) dark rectangles to the light end of (2) of the segments

Sew the (1) light rectangle to the dark end of the remaining segments

Check to make sure they measure 6 1/2"






Sew the 6 strips together flipping as necessary to get the dark color on the diagonal.

This is the easiest block this month!  I hope we are still on speaking terms after this month's blocks.








Your completed block should measure 6 1/2".  Next up is this little baggie of pieces.  Char gifted me this baggie a few months ago.  I decided since she had all the pieces already lined up I would just sew the triangles together.  I squared up the the pieces to 1 1/2" half squares.  I am SO glad I did!!  Remember those little pieces you have been trimming off....and I said you should save them....This is the month.

No comments: