Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekend Progress

I had a lot of fun in my studio this weekend.  I worked on my January goals and remained focused.  Maybe there is hope for me yet!  I added both the borders to my twister quilt.  I am very pleased with the red border I chose.  I decided to also piece the backing so it would be ready to quilt.  I haven't made a quilt this large in a long time.  I used up a large piece of black fabric and some of the fabric that didn't work for the border.


All I have left on my January goal list is 10 Farmer's Wife Tutorials.  I hope to get those done this weekend at the library quilt retreat.

Stop over and visit Judy and see what other people are working on.


2 comments:

Susan C said...

Love the colors in that. How will you quilt it? I made that pattern years ago when the book "Square Dance" first came out. Had to trace the twister template for every square! But I love how it turned out. I hand quilted it, one of the last ones I did. I love the look of hand quilting but not the amount of time it takes.

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Great job!! I like that you used the cast off border choice in the backing. :)