Wednesday, July 24, 2013

July Progress

I working away on my July list.  I am working hard to get 1/3 of my list done by the end of the year.  Just one more week until school starts.  I think the kids are ready to go.

This first runner was a class sample a few years ago.  It was very loosely based on a quilt from American Patchwork & Quilting.  It is all trimmed and ready for binding.





 This is the same pattern with different colors.  Since these were small projects, I tried some new to me quilting designs.  I tried to just relax and have some fun with them.
This was a simple stripe table runner.  I quilted  a simple stipple on the blue and red quilt, and I quilted the nutcracker runner a little more detail

This runner sat forever because I was puzzled how to quilt it.
 I selected a swirling design in the neutrals and a loopy designer in the darker colors.  This is a Bonnie Hunter pattern from her book Scraps and Shirttails.

 I am excited to mark off these 5 UFOs.  Yes, I know there isn't binding on them, but it is close enough for me.

1 comment:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Great runners... I really love that swirly quilting on the last one. I'm hoping as I start winding down on the UFOs to start ramping up the FMQ later this year.