Monday, July 29, 2013

Last July Finish

I know technically, this really isn't finished, but lets not get technical.  I had several other July finishes here.

This is one of my oldest UFOs.  It was the very first scrap quilt I ever started.  For those that haven't tried scrappy, the first one is the hardest.  I had a really hard time putting these colors together.  In the beginning I was trying to match the colors in each block.  I did a lot of complaining and doubting along the way.


Now that I understand value a little better (keep in mind I started this about 10 years ago), I would have done better on my red selection. I am pleased to have this one quilted an ready to bind.  It is a pattern from Love of Quilting magazine.

These are my August Goals.

3 comments:

Churn Dash said...

There are a couple of lighter reds in there, but really I don't think they matter - your quilt is wonderful. It's also got me thinking I need to do a red quilt!
Helen

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Isn't it great to look back and see how you've grown as a quilter? I was just like you with scrappy and random. No confidence at all! Really pretty quilt.

Gari in AL said...

What a beautiful quilt. I don't think anyone would think it was a beginner quilt at all.