Friday, July 12, 2013

Where have I been?

Well I have been out playing in the rain (and not in a good way).  We have never had a baseball season like this one before.  After 5 days solid of downpours and rain outs, I was in no mood to quilt.  I was in a funk and having a pity party for myself.  The grand finale was when my studio came within inches of flooding.  I am so thankful for my children that evacuated my studio quickly.  It took me most of the week to get things organized again, but I looked at is as another opportunity to purge.

Today- I am just admiring the sun.  It seems like months since I have seen it shining so brightly.

My good friend Eleanor finished several bindings for me this month.  I thought I would post some updated photos of my recent finishes.  I posted these without bindings, but they always look so much better once the binding is added.

 This first quilt needs to find a new home.  My girls think it is the ugliest thing ever.  I have to admit that I liked the fabrics a whole lot better when I started it many years ago.

Do you have any suggestions on the best way to determine a price or how to sell quilts?
 This bright quilt is from Scrapbasket Sensations by Kim Brackett.  I just love that book.  This is the perfect book for jelly flops and leftover 2 1/2" scraps.  It is for my daughter's friend for her birthday next month
 I love how this border fabric enhances this twister quilt.  I had this fabric in my stash and it was an amazing complement to the charm pack and scraps in the center.  The binding is from the collection fabulous fall and it happened to be the perfect finish.  I love it when my stash plays nicely into my plan.



I was able to use up a lot of scraps to finish this large twister quilt.
















Several people in my quilt group have been making baby quilts using such bright and cheerful colors.  I thought it would be fun to make up some more jelly flops in bright colors.  I think pulling these colors from the shelf was just what I needed to get me out of my pity party. I will have these for sale at our next meeting along with some low volume bundles.

I am spending the evening at the ball park again tonight, but there is no rain in the forecast.  Baseball is definitely more fun without rain.

1 comment:

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Near flood in studio... EEEEEEK! So glad it didn't happen. Great finishes and I like your fabric pull a LOT!