Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Modified Garden Path (#43)

You know I am always looking for an easier way.  This block is no exception.  If you want to use your templates from the Farmer's Wife book, feel free to do so.   My block is slightly different.

Cutting:
Assorted Colors:
8- assorted squares 1 1/2"
8-assorted half squares-1 1/2" strip cut with easy angle (EA)
1- 1 1/4 X 18" strip
Background:
20 half squares 1 1/2" strip cut with EA
4 half squares 1 3/4" strip EA(where I have the pink)

Sew four 1 1/2" squares together to form a 4-patch; Add the larger background half squares.  Square up if necessary leaving 1/4" margin at each of the points. Next sew the 1 1/4" strip around the unit is log cabin fashion.  Square up to 4 3/4" (about 1/8" off of each side)

Make 8 half squares with the assorted half squares and background fabric; Add the remaining back ground triangles and the squares to the units.  Square up to 3" finished half squares with the EA if necessary.

Join with the 4 3/4" unit to complete the 6 1/2" square.

I am sorry I don't have more pictures, but I must have been in too big a hurry.  Actually I think I took them but I am not sure where the memory card is.




No comments: