Thursday, April 5, 2012

Absent

I might be absent from blogging, but I am sewing up a storm.  I didn't want you to forget about the Farmer's Wife blocks in my absence!  I know I still have 2 more blocks to post for March (#31 Evening Star and #56 Maple Leaf), but I wanted to post the first block for April.

Let's start April with # 107 Windblown Square.  This block is identical to #102 Whirlpool with different color placement.  I wanted you to cut this one while the trapezoid cutting was still fresh in your mind.  It can be a little tricky to use the cut-away technique.  It took me a few times before I felt confident.  The trick is to remember that the stitch line of the easy angle should be on the corner of the piece, and the cutting line should be 1/4" less.

Instructions for the Whirlpool block are located in this post.  It is exactly the same except use 3 colors instead of 2.

Enjoy the sunshine and the spring flowers.  Have a lovely Easter.

No comments: