Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Flock


Block #34- Flock.  I thought I would do an easy one before we get to wild goose chase and Judy comes unglued!
Cutting:

  • 2 light and 2 dark triangles that finish at 3" (3 1/2" cut with the easy angle)
  • 8 light and 8 dark triangles that finish at 1 1/2" (2" strip cut with the easy angle)

  • Join the pairs of lights and darks together to make the half squares.  Square the little guys up to 2" (if you need to) and the big guys up to 3 1/2" (if you need to).  I pressed all pieces toward the dark.  You may wish to press the small triangles open.  Join the small triangles in pairs and then a 4 patch.  These should measure 3 1/2"


    Join the 4 units measuring 3 1/2" to make a 6 1/2" completed block.  See that little crease at the bottom?  Yes....I sewed it together wrong the first time and had to un-sew it.  It happens to me too quite frequently.


     Have fun and don't stress too much.








    No comments: