Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday Finishes

It's pretty exciting for me, but I have some finishes to report (due solely to the school cancellation).  I have also been sneaking little bits of time in the evening in the studio.  After some major cleaning and putting things away, I can find my sewing surfaces.

I quilted my curvy log cabin this week (I love the cute photo bomb).  I did a simple all over feather design.  When I got to the bottom, I realized I had some leftover backing.

Since I just updated my UFO parade, I was able to find the perfect projects to use up the backing.  These were intended to be pillows, so it really didn't matter what the backing fabric was.  They are my 24" nested churn dash blocks.  I love this pattern so much.  I can see making it into a bed quilt easily.  I may use one block for a pillow and the other for a wall hanging.  I really haven't decided yet.






































This would be my first finish(s) of the year.

I have a busy weekend of painting and helping with household repairs, but I hope to sneak in a little more sewing time.


2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Love the feathers, the the model is pretty adorable, too. Glad to see that you are able to keep busy!

Jenny said...

I love log cabin quilts, and yours is great. So is the cute little model.