Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Slow Moving

Since my ankle incident, I am slow moving.  I can only stand for short periods of time and my movements aren't very fluid.  I didn't have a project all cut out and ready to sew besides this charity quilt.  Tina came over on Sunday to be my pressing slave.  She was so patient with my lack of speed.  I was able to get the rows all sewn together and ready for borders.


I have made further progress today by cutting the borders and positioning them so I can get them sewn together.  Perhaps I will have a flimsy by Friday.  This was a charity kit that I made up years ago from scraps that I had on hand.  It goes together really quickly and it is a fun design.  I think I would like to make a larger version and omit the borders.  With the borders, this is a perfect lap size quilt.


No comments: