Tuesday, January 13, 2015

UFO Parade (Part 1)

Ready to Quilt

It's that time of year when I like to recap all the things I did not get completed in my sewing room.  It takes a lot of time to lay them all out, but I think it is worth it for several reasons.  The best reason is that I can reference this list throughout the year to keep moving forward.  This helps me stay organized and be able to pick up a project and remember where I was headed with it.

Part one of the parade is projects ready to be quilted.  Part 2 will be projects that need borders or other finishing touches.  Part 3 will be all other quilts in various stages.  I am not including projects in a box if they haven't been started yet.  Once I start sewing, I put them on the list.


 1.  These were orphan blocks last year, now they are set and ready to quilt.










2.  This is a pillow I made using the Hex N' More ruler.












3.  This is another pillow made with Moda Candy pack.  It was a super fun project.












4, 5, 6.- Summer, Spring and Fall Banners (Winter has been checked off the list)






































7.  Herringbone lap quilt












8.  Country Curvy Log Cabin Quilt








 9.  Green Curvy Log Cabin Quilt












10.  Bonnie Mystery - Orange Crush












11.  Lewis and Clark Sampler


















12.  Woven Ribbons Quilt


















13.  Funky Monkey Quilt


















14.  Blue Crosses Quilt













15.  Baby Quilt with Pinwheels









 16.  Ugly Fabric Challenge quilt
 17.  Mystery quilt from more than 10 years ago!  YIKES!!
 18.  Snowman table Topper or Wall hanging
 19.  Snowman Table Topper
20.  Hexie vintage top


















21.  Mystery quilt from long ago.  Borders are finally on!










22.  Carolina Crossroads.  This was Bonnie's first mystery.  I finally put the blocks together and the borders on.











23.  This Halloween quilt has been ready to quilt for years, but I never quite get to it.  Maybe this will be the year.









24.  This is for my neighbor boy.  It is sewn together, but I was too lazy to take another picture.  I want to piece something cool on the back before I quilt it.














25.  Charm quilt with yellow background.  I love the colors in this one.  It is temporarily in a special location.  As soon as I locate it, I will take a photo.

I am hoping to finish at least half of these this year.  My original parade started at around 100!!!  Even if I didn't get some of these finished, I am happy they are ready to quilt.  Many of these started as a pile of pieces when I did my first parade.




3 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Wow, you have some great stuff there. There is enough variety that should keep you moving. Good luck!

Kathy S. said...

Wow, we both have a lot of great UFO's. This year is hopefully a year of finishes for both of us. Happy 2015.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I'm with you... It helps me a ton to have my UFO Collection with pictures listed on my blog! Very motivating. So many pretty tops here - I think Carolina Crossroads is my favorite. Love the colors.