Quilts that need borders...
Yes, it is sad but true. I often stop working on a quilt when it needs just the borders. The good news is that some of these were in pieces last year so I did make progress on them.
1. This is a mystery quilt designed by me for the quilt group a few (or more) years ago
3. This is a scrappy log cabin quilt. I love it but I have struggled to find the perfect border.
4. I lost energy on this project when I got to the borders. It is made up of mostly Christmas fabrics that I wanted to use up.
5. This is a BEAUTY! It needs borders to be big enough for my bed. My friend Eleanor made this from scraps from my bin along with others. It is all hand sewn using the English paper piecing method.
6. This was a great use of bright scraps. It is the barn raising setting. Hope to get borders on this one also this year.
9. This Irish Chain quilt was made with 1 1/2" squares. Hopefully I can figure out the borders this year.
10. Not sure what to say about this quilt. It has been tucked away for a lot of years waiting for the final border. I think it might just be time to quilt it and move on.
13. this one is still on the list too. It will either be finished or passed to a knew home. I may complete it without borders. I made the borders 2 times only to discover the pattern was wrong.
I love it when dogs lay upside down and smile