Wednesday, January 14, 2015

UFO Parade (Part 2)

Quilts that need borders...

Yes, it is sad but true.  I often stop working on a quilt when it needs just the borders.  The good news is that some of these were in pieces last year so I did make progress on them.

1.  This is a mystery quilt designed by me for the quilt group a few (or more) years ago












 2.  This was an attempt to use up scraps with a simple 4-patch quilt.  It is ready for a border or two (if I could just make a decision)









3.  This is a scrappy log cabin quilt.  I love it but I have struggled to find the perfect border.

















4.  I lost energy on this project when I got to the borders.  It is made up of mostly Christmas fabrics that I wanted to use up.










5.  This is a BEAUTY!  It needs borders to be big enough for my bed.  My friend Eleanor made this from scraps from my bin along with others.  It is all hand sewn using the English paper piecing method.












6.  This was a great use of bright scraps.  It is the barn raising setting.  Hope to get borders on this one also this year.







 7.  This is a bad choice of colors for a log cabin. I am trying to locate the border fabric so I can finish this quilt and donate it.
 8.  This too has been waiting a few years for borders.  It is a large wall hanging or lap quilt.















9.  This Irish Chain quilt was made with 1 1/2" squares.  Hopefully I can figure out the borders this year.













10.  Not sure what to say about this quilt.  It has been tucked away for a lot of years waiting for the final border.  I think it might just be time to quilt it and move on.










 11. & 12.  2 coin quilts that only need 4 pieces of fabric each.  Why oh why?










13.  this one is still on the list too.  It will either be finished or passed to a knew home.  I may complete it without borders.  I made the borders 2 times only to discover the pattern was wrong.

 My model grew tired of the parade already.  She decided that sun bathing was a better option.  It is a good thing she didn't know it was -10 outside.

I love it when dogs lay upside down and smile

4 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Wow, I haven't even seen some of these. Clearly you have a lot going on behind the scenes there.

AnneP said...

Some of these quilts don't really need a border - just bind and then they are finished and another UFO will have bitten the dust.

Anonymous said...

Gotta love my Gabby dog! She can be pretty darn cute when she isn't causing trouble. :)

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I do this too... Making decisions on borders for scrappy quilts can be downright hard! Is #8 from a book or pattern? I really like that one.