Friday, January 24, 2014
this quilt last year for a dear teacher that was retiring. It was really a hard quilt to let go of. I used 2 1/2" square on the first one, and 3 1/2" squares on this larger quilt. The pattern is from this quilt along.
I created a plus sign for the back since I didn't have enough of any one fabric. I like how it adds interest.
I also finished this scrappy 4 patch quilt from my UFO Parade. I am still on the uphill climb with my UFOs, but I am making significant progress. I am getting closer to the top of the mountain (the half way point). The quilt is from the book Jelly Roll Quilts.
Once again, I was just a little short on the backing fabric so I added these little scraps of fabric. It also prevented me from matching up the butterfly pattern (which I didn't do well on the first try). It was win, win!!
I am linking up with Amanda for finish it up Friday. Stop on over to see what others are working on.